Saturday, June 13, 2009

I need an SMTP server that I can use to send email through my server using .asp code......?

Is there a company that does NOT require a username and password to accomplish this? I cannot use my ISPs for some reason. If anyone would know, it would be very helpful to me.

I need an SMTP server that I can use to send email through my server using .asp code......?
You are almost gonna need to run SMTP server on your web server to pull this off.





Email admins spend 1% of their time setting up accounts and keeping server running, and 99% fighting spammers. An email server simply cannot open itself up to the point that makes it easy for your asp code and still be available to the public.





I'd ask your hosting service for suggestions. I'm betting they'd make your web server a trusted IP for a relay, and then use fire walls and routers to make sure that no outside hacker / spammer can take it over.
Reply:SMTP doesn't require a login/password, IMAP does. Almost all servers are backward compatible with the ancient SMTP protocol. I've never seen an ISP not have a SMTP server for its users. Your ASP code should be able to handle passing login credentials to SMTP/IMAP too so what I would do is check my ISP first as it will be your best bet.


No comments:

Post a Comment