Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sending mail through SMTP such as Gmails'. But doing it within a server that doesn't allow sending email

Assume from a free hosting account that I picked up I can neither send nor recieve e-mails without paying for it. Now with that in mind what I want to be able to do is have a contact form and someone just be able to have it send me e-mail. But ofcourse the server will not allow it and this contact form is posted on this server. Is there a way to be able to post my page on the server that I have, but have a contact form on it which will somehow bypass the "un-allowment" of getting an e-mail from the contact form and somehow call something such as Googles free smtp? Then have the contact form just send the information or contact the smtp.gmail.com and e-mail it to my Google mail or another e-mail adress? So I am trying to bypass the e-mail, or lack of of the hosting company.





Thanks,





Brian

Sending mail through SMTP such as Gmails'. But doing it within a server that doesn't allow sending email
if you created the form from scratch including the send mail script then edit the server name, if this form is a template from a hosting provider, most likely its hardcoded and you can't change it


No comments:

Post a Comment