Saturday, June 13, 2009

Need the names of the Incoming Mail server (POP) and Outgoing Mail server (SMTP) for the yahoo.co.jp email acc

I am trying to set up my itouch to use the mail feature to access my yahoo.co.jp email account. The default function is only good for yahoo.com. I can set the account up under the "other" mail option if I know the names of the Incoming Mail server (POP) and the Outgoing Mail server (SMTP). I did it with an Earthlink account so I know it will work. Does anyone know the names of the two servers?

Need the names of the Incoming Mail server (POP) and Outgoing Mail server (SMTP) for the yahoo.co.jp email acc
Oh, it will work. However, only your internet provider/ISP (not Yahoo... your dsl, cable or dial-up provider) will be able to give you this information.





Your SMTP mail server or Host will be something like: "outgoing.serviceprovider.net/com" Note that some ISP may not provide you with this information as they believe sending information out may be related to spamming.





POP will be the password your ISP assigned / you chose to use to log into their mail service, i.e., User ID and Password. Here, the ISP usually give you an account or mail account for which you have to use your ID and password.





Also, I know you said that your default is already set, however, give this a try Click this link for yahoo mail pop3 settings


http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/tutorials/...


No comments:

Post a Comment